I was sick and tired of being sick and tired…
My journey to understanding the body, how it works and how to keep it healthy began out of a desire to fix me, and then my boys, when traditional medicine fell short and was nowhere to be found. Don’t get me wrong, there is definitely a place for traditional medicine. I’m just explaining how it shaped my story.
When I was younger I was sick a lot. A lot of colds and ear infections. Tons of tummy aches after I ate, and a bout with low red blood cells and by the age of 17 I had an ulcer. Appointment after appointment I wasn’t getting better and no one seemed really concerned.
By the age of 21 I was not only physically unhealthy, I was mentally unhealthy. I had a constant cloud, a dark cloud, over me. I couldn’t”snap out of it”. So I went to the doctor and asked about depression. The doctor actually laughed at me. Yes, you read that correctly, he laughed. He said I came into the office with a smile and greeted everyone, therefore, I wasn’t depressed and it was all in my head. I fought him on it and he reluctantly had the nurse give me a questionnaire. To this day I am still waiting for the office to call me back with the results. I left realizing I am my biggest, and only,advocate. I began researching depression and discovered its link to food. All of a sudden pieces of the puzzle began to fit together-the tummy aches, the ulcer, the poor immune system.
This wasn’t an easy, nor quick, process which was still occurring when I had my first son. That sweet boy struggled holding down formula and food and by 3 had severe food and environmental allergies. My second son developed allergies and asthma. Asthma so bad we ended up in the hospital for 5 days as I watched him struggle to breathe.
Once again I watched traditional medicine not improve symptoms or conditions. So I added all of their concerns to my quest. There is something about watching your children suffer, especially watching one struggle to breathe, that will light a serous fire under your butt to fix it.
I chose to want to fix our situation. To not accept it as the norm. Although there are things we are still working on, I have watched allergies subside, asthma disappear and immune systems strengthen. I’ve lost my dark cloud and am fully aware of my food sensitivities. I’m blessed with feeling the best I’ve felt have in a long time.
All of this has empowered me to help others realize their are solutions and options. The unhealthy, stressed out, overworked, way you feel doesn’t have to be the norm. You can become the person you were meant to be and live the life you dream of.
You took the first step by being here and listening to my story. Now take the next step by setting up your consult today.
I graduated from two of the top health coaching institutes in the world, the Institute for Integrative Nutrition and Dr. Sear’s Wellness Institute. There are many different types of health coach certifications out there; however, the most recognized and thorough certification comes from these top two schools. Graduates of these program, including me, are trained in extensive, cutting-edge knowledge in holistic nutrition, prevention and health and lifestyle coaching techniques to help you discover exactly what will bring you success and what is holding you back. Health coaching focuses not only on the food you eat, but also your lifestyle. As a certified health coach I help you to maximize the results of each.
I studied with the world’s top health and wellness experts including:
- Dr. Bill Sears, MD, founder of the Dr. Sear’s Wellness Institute, practicing medial professional for over 40 years
- Joshua Rosenthal, founder and director of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition
- Walter Willett, MD, DrPH, chair of nutrition at Harvard University
- Andrew Weil, MD, director of the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine
- Gabrielle Bernstein, bestselling author and life coach
- Susan Blum, MD, MPH, assistant clinical professor at Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Mark Hyman, MD, founder of The UltraWellness Center
- Geneen Roth, Pioneer of Emotional Eating and Empowerment, Bestselling Author
- David Wolfe, raw food leader and nutrition expert
- Marion Nestle, PhD, MPH, Paulette Goddard Professor of Nutrition, Food Studies and Public Health at New York University
- Arianna Huffington, Editor in Chief of the Huffington Post
- Mark Bittman, food writer for The New York Times and bestselling author
- Joel Fuhrman, MD, family physician and leading expert on nutritional healing.